Welcome! Log In Create A New Account

Advanced

Bouy! Was I wrong. The schism will be the death of us...

Posted by Chris Vlitas 
Bouy! Was I wrong. The schism will be the death of us...
October 16, 2021 03:22AM
I lost an account this year. My biggest. Why? I spray with fish. Never mind for Two Years I have gone to excruciating extents to inform them of how I steward. Never mind that humanimal has been using the fishes for longer than we have been sedentary. Never mind that the fish I spray is utilising something that would just be cast to the winds otherwise. Because I spray with fish, I am not holistic enough. Great. Wonderful. So long, and thanks for all the fish....

Lakes Region NH @ 1200' or so
5a?

393 planted towards a 440 goal mixed apple, pear, plum and apricot...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2021 03:24AM by Chris Vlitas.
Re: Bouy! Was I wrong. The schism will be the death of us...
October 18, 2021 05:58AM
Were they vegan? I can't otherwise imagine why anybody, conventional, organic, or holistic would object.

Washington Okanogan Valley
Zone 6b
Re: Bouy! Was I wrong. The schism will be the death of us...
October 18, 2021 03:39PM
An ashram. An ashram established 50 years ago. An ashram with enough community to support a private K-8 plus an organic food buying club out of a member's household. Could not get them enough fresh cider or apples for the past two years.

Ok, so they are vegan. Did any fish wind up in what they ate? Let the debate rage on cellular uptake and transference. I want to see the science that says indeed they were eating fish matter.

Then there is the debate of philosophy / psychology. Do we the horticulturist actually contribute to the suffering of fish when we use a waste stream? I say no. The demand for the fillet is not increased by my use of the offal etc. If anything I am taking tainted energy and making the earth a better place with it. So why the fuss?

Finally, there is the reality of the situation. They were only able to DISCRIMINATE against me because I was completely transparent. Would that all the purveyors of all their diet were as forthcoming. My gut reaction is that an abundance of their bought fruit and veg are also produced utilising fish. So, if they are going to walk the walk, they had better get busy and demand full disclosure from all their sources of nutrition. My supposition is that they would starve if they applied the same scrutiny, because they most definitely are not growing the preponderance of their food.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login